Deferred pensioners procedures
How do I change my personal details?
- Submit your change of details to the EPPF in writing by post, email, or by logging onto our website.
- Please provide your unique number, the previous details and the new details to be updated.
- The EPPF will send confirmation of the change of your details either by SMS or in writing.
- Click here to submit your change of details via the website or click here for EPPF postal details.
How do I update my beneficiary nomination?
- Log in to your profile to download the Beneficiary Nomination Form. Please make sure that you complete the Deferred Pensioner Beneficiary Nomination Form in detail.
- Submit the original signed form to us by post or hand deliver it to our head office in Bryanston Johannesburg. Alternatively you may deliver the documents at either of our two regional offices, Emalahleni Regional Office or the East London Regional Office.
- We recommends that you send posted forms via registered post in order to enable tracking of the form.
- You may contact our Call Centre to confirm receipt and capturing of your nomination form.
How do I request my benefit balance in the Deferred Pension Scheme?
- The EPPF sends your Deferred Pension Scheme statements annually between March and April by post and/or e-mail.
- You may also register and login to your profile on this website to access your statements from the website.
- If you wish to begin to receive your statement and EPPF correspondence by email, click here to log on to the member portal and download the Email Consent Form.
- If you wish to receive prior statements, please call the EPPF Call Centre or click here to submit your request online.
How do I apply for retirement from the Deferred Pension Scheme?
You may retire from the Deferred Pension Scheme anytime from age 55 to 65 years.
- Complete the Application for Deferred Benefit Pension Form. Log in to your profile to download the form.
- The form must be completed in original ink and have an original bank stamp.
- Please contact us if you require assistance to complete the form.
- If you leave or have left South Africa and wish to receive your pension in a bank account outside South Africa, you must also complete the International Banking log in to your profile to download the form.
What must my family do in the event of my passing before accessing my Deferred Retirement at age 55?
- Your next of kin must contact us and complete a Death Benefit Form.
- The original form must be submitted to the EPPF, together with the certified copy of original death certificate; and certified copy of original ID of the deceased’s member, spouse’s ID, marriage certificate ; and bank details (original bank statement) of qualifying beneficiaries and their certified copy(s) of original IDs and the certified copy of original marriage certificate / proof of marriage for spouse.
- Qualifying beneficiaries may receive a portion of a lump sum.
- The death benefit is payable subject to the provision of Section 37C of the Pension Funds Act of 1956.
- We have a period of 12 months in which to conduct the Section 37C investigations and for the Board of Trustees to conclude the determination on the distribution of your benefit to qualifying beneficiaries.