On 23 March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced drastic measures to contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) - including a nationwide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight on Thursday, 26 March to Thursday 16 April 2020.
The national lockdown will effectively confine people to their homes except under strictly controlled circumstances, such as to seek medical care, buy food, medicine and other necessary supplies.
EPPF operations during the lockdown
The EPPF has put in place contingency plans to minimise service disruptions and attend to the most urgent member / pensioner queries while, at the same time, protecting the health of our employees. To that end, the Fund will implement the following measures during the national lockdown:
- The EPPF Head Office in Bryanston will be closed and EPPF employees will work remotely.
- The EPPF Call Centre will retain skeleton staff on standby to deal with the most urgent member queries.
- Walk-in consultations will not be possible during the lockdown, as consultants from satellite offices and walk-in centres will be working remotely.
Contact with the EPPF during this period
- All queries can be directed to the EPPF Call Centre via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, we encourage our members and pensioners to utilise the member portal's self-service functionality to:
- View personal information
- Generate estimate statements to print or download
- Access important documents such as publications, forms, Fund Rules and brochures
- View a summarised version of their benefits
- Send an email to the Fund directly from the member portal.
To register or log on to the member portal, please visit www.eppf.co.za.
We will keep members and pensioners updated with any new developments. Until then, we implore you stay at home and keep safe.