Dear International Pensioners
This is a final reminder to those pensioners who live outside South Africa to submit proof that they have not passed away. This proof is referred to as Evidence of Survival. If we do not receive this proof by 31 October 2023, we will suspend your pension payment from 1 December 2023 until we receive the required information.
What has happened so far
We sent emails intended for our international pensioners on 13 June 2023, on 21 August 2023, and on 12 September 2023. If you responded to the request and have already sent us your Evidence of Survival, there is nothing further required from you at this stage. If you haven’t sent us your documents, you have a few days left in which to do so.
Two ways to give us proof
- By completing an Evidence of Survival form on the member portal
- By completing and emailing us your Evidence of Survival form
How to give proof on the member portal
- Register on the member portal (if you are not already registered). You can register on this link https://portal.eppf.co.za and follow the guidelines in our Getting Started Manual https://www.eppf.co.za/uploads/eppf_uploads/Getting_Started_Manual.pdf.
- Follow the guidelines on EOS_e-form_guide.pdf (eppf.co.za).
How to give proof by email (if you cannot do it on the member portal)
- Print out the Evidence of Survival Form that is available on www.eppf.co.za on EPPF’s website.
- Complete the form.
- Take the form and your identity document or your passport to a Commissioner of Oaths (at a police station or a bank) to have the form stamped and certified. If a Commissioner of Oaths is not close by, you can get an Affirming Authority stamp. Affirming Authorities include lawyers, notaries public, actuaries, accountants (who are members of a recognised professional body), members of the judiciary, directors, managers or company secretaries of a bank, or regulated financial services business.
- Make sure all pages include your signature.
- Reply to this message via firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the completed form as well as a certified copy of your ID or passport
- Please ensure your documents are no bigger than 5MB and they must be in PDF format.
When to expect a reply
Once you send us all the required documents, there’s nothing else for you to do. We will confirm that we have received your documents and that everything is in order within 14 days of receiving the information. If there’s anything else we require from you, we will let you know.
Important information for widows, widowers, guardians of minor children who receive a pension (including children who are disabled)
Each person in the household who receives a pension from EPPF must submit their Evidence of Survival form. In the case of a minor or disabled child, the guardian must submit an Evidence of Survival form on their behalf.
Protecting your personal information
It is our responsibility to ensure that we process personal information lawfully according to the Protection of Personal Information Act. As a registered pension fund, we also have
third-party service providers who process your personal information on our behalf. We have agreements with these third-party service providers to ensure that they process your personal information according to the law.
Please contact us if you have any questions
If you have any questions regarding Evidence of Survival, we are here to help. You can reply to this message via email@example.com. You can also phone us during SAST office hours on +27(0) 10 013 3366.
The EPPF team