I am pleased to announce the appointment of the Fund's new Chairman and Board of Trustees whose term of office started on 1 July 2020. The EPPF is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of 14 members, which include employer-appointed, member-elected, and pensioner-elected members.
This Board will be led by Ms Caroline Henry, who has been appointed as Chairman of the Board. Ms Henry is a Chartered Accountant an former General Manager at Eskom Treasury.
We are proud to introduce the full board of trustees:
- Ms Caroline Henry (Employer Appointed - Independent): Chairman
- Ms Liza Brown (Employer Appointed)
- Mr Martin Buys (Employer Appointed)
- Mr Peter Mashatola (Employer Appointed)
- Ms Mabatho Seeiso (Employer Appointed - Independent)
- Mr Sincedile Shweni (Employer Appointed)
- Ms Hasha Tlhotlhalemaje (Employer Appointed)
- Mr Izak Du Plessis (Pensioner Elected)
- Mr Ben Steyn (Pensioner Elected)
- Ms Helen Diatile (Bargaining Unit Elected - NUM)
- Mr Deon Jenkins (Bargaining Unit Elected - Solidarity)
- Ms Anah Makgopa (Bargaining Unit Elected - NUMSA)
- Mr Lufuno Ratsiku (Non-Bargaining Unit Employee Elected)
- Mr Khehla Shandu (Non-Bargaining Unit Employee Elected)
This highly capable team will draw on its varied professional capabilities and wealth of experience to support and guide the Fund in delivering on its objectives of ensuring the financial sustainability of the Fund and delivering excellent member service.
In these particularly challenging times, the executive team looks forward to working together with the Board in the best interests of our members and pensioners.
The new Board will serve the Fund for the next four years until 31 May 2024.
Chief Executive and Principal Officer
Eskom Pension and Provident Fund